payload is actually an IP payload. It introduces an absolutely unnecessary
complexity in the procedure, especially for chips.
Xiaohu
------------------------------------------------------------------From:Templin
(US), Fred L <fred.l.temp...@boeing.com>Send Time:2018年5月18日(星期五) 09:28To:Joe
Touch <to...@strayalpha.com>; sarik...@ieee.org <sarik...@ieee.org>Cc:Internet
Area <int-area@ietf.org>Subject:Re: [Int-area] 回复: Request a WG adoption call
for draft-xu-intarea-ip-in-udp
>Because it isn’t different. Again, see GUE variant 1. Correct. There is no
>reason to progress another draft that does thesame thing as GUE variant 1.
On Behalf Of Joe Touch
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:55 AM
To: sarik...@ieee.org
Cc: Internet Area <int-area@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Int-area] 回复: Request a WG adoption call for
draft-xu-intarea-ip-in-udp Because it isn’t different. Again, see GUE variant 1.

On May 17, 2018, at 7:18 AM, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:22 PM,
徐小虎(义先) <xiaohu....@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:It doesn't matter whether or not
it's already there. IMHO, given the popularity of different overlay
technologies such as VXLAN and MPLS-in-UDP in practice, GUE
 initially and mainly targeted as a DC overlay approach has little change to be
widely deployed within data centers.  As such, if the only possible
applicability of GUE is for directly carrying IP over UDP, I don't understand
why we need such a overhead associated with the variation
 of GUE. In another word, why not directly assign a port to indicate IP-in-UDP,
instead of using the GUE protocol variant number to indicate. By the way, this
the GUE protocol variant
 number usage reminds me of the notorious misuse of the first nibble of the
MPLS payload to indicate the type of the MPLS payload:)

 I agree and support the adoption. I supported GUE in the past..Why not have
another way of UDP encapsulation with the possibility of a different area of
applicability?  Regards,Behcet Xiaohu
------------------------------------------------------------------From:Joe
Touch <to...@strayalpha.com>Send Time:2018年5月16日(星期三)
 15:45To:徐小虎(义先)
 <xiaohu....@alibaba-inc.com>Cc:Tom Herbert <t...@herbertland.com>; Internet
Area <int-area@ietf.org>;
 intarea-chairs <intarea-cha...@tools.ietf.org>; draft-xu-intarea-ip-in-udp
<draft-xu-intarea-ip-in-...@tools.ietf.org>Subject:Re: [Int-area]
回复: Request a WG adoption call for draft-xu-intarea-ip-in-udp It’s not complex.
It’s already there. So there continues to be no reason to waste either a port
number or further time discussing this draft. Joe

On May 15, 2018, at 9:01 PM, 徐小虎(义先)
 <xiaohu....@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:IMHO,there
 seems no need to introduce such complexity into GUE just for the purpose of
saving one port number.

Xiaohu