On 5/4/2017 9:51 AM, Kenneth Graunke wrote:
MediaSDK is not a benchmark.  If I'm not mistaken, it's a userspace
driver produced by Intel engineers, one which Intel has the full
capability to change.  What you're saying is that Intel's MediaSDK
engineers are unwilling to change their software to provide better
performance for their Linux users.

That's pretty mental.
You are mistaken. Media SDK is not a driver. It is a user space library which talks to the user space driver. And Media SDK does not set _any_ caching policies you are discussing here. That's the driver who sets these policies. I don't want to go further here who supports this driver, Intel or not, but there are mediasdk engineers whom you blame to not willing to do something and who actually only indirectly are related to this topic. Please, if you mean driver, say a driver.