On 05/05/2017 15:04, Chris Wilson wrote:
On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 02:50:46PM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:

On 03/05/2017 12:37, Chris Wilson wrote:

[snip]

+#include <linux/list.h>
+
+static inline void __list_del_many(struct list_head *head,
+                                  struct list_head *first)
+{
+       head->next = first;
+       first->prev = head;
+}

Btw it is similar to __list_cut_position, but without the second
list you don't need and deleting the first entry which you do not
want.

So I am just thinking if consistent naming with the core function
would be beneficial like __list_cut_position_before/exclusive?

It's not a cut, as in we don't create two seperate lists. It is more of
splice with itself, though I did look at cut and wonder if it would
magically eliminate the unwanted paths but no..

Still favouring a list_del prefix. Once upon a time I just opencoded
this, it's far easily than trying to work out a good name :)

It's not __list_del_many either since it does not unlink the ones in the middle. ;) Doesn't matter, as you say, it is quite hard to find the ideal name.

Regards,

Tvrtko