On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 05:20:47PM -0700, Jordan Justen wrote:
> On 2017-09-14 12:13:08, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > I don't actually know what the plan is w.r.t. installing the lib, so
> > I'll leave this one for someone else to ack/nack.

The plan is to install the lib.

The concerns with installing the lib are that we should keep support
for running the IGT binaries without and with installing. That means:

- Setting things up so that the runtime linker can find the installed
  .so for installed executables, and builddir-.so for
  builddir-executables.

- Making sure the linked .so originates from the same build as the
  executable, using some better error message than just corrupting the
  call stack. Nailing down an ABI for libigt.so is impossible.

With that said: Meson build system in general, and the existence of
the .so in particular is for experimental users who know they get to
keep both pieces when things break. And installing the .so is anyway
something to be done sooner or later.

Acked-by: Petri Latvala <petri.latv...@intel.com>