Dear drm-misc maintainers,

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:38:28AM +0100, Lukas Wunner wrote:
> Fix a deadlock on hybrid graphics laptops that's been present since 2013:

This series has been reviewed, consent has been expressed by the most
interested parties, patch [1/5] which touches files outside drivers/gpu
has been acked and I've just out a v2 addressing the only objection
raised.  My plan is thus to wait another two days for comments and,
barring further objections, push to drm-misc this weekend.

However I'm struggling with the decision whether to push to next or
fixes.  The series is marked for stable, however the number of
affected machines is limited and for an issue that's been present
for 5 years it probably doesn't matter if it soaks another two months
in linux-next befor it gets backported.  Hence I tend to err on the
side of caution and push to next, however a case could be made that
fixes is more appropriate.

I'm lacking experience making such decisions and would be interested
to learn how you'd handle this.

Thanks,

Lukas
_______________________________________________
Intel-gfx mailing list
Intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/intel-gfx

Reply via email to