On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 15:30:59 -0700, Andi Shyti wrote:

> Hi Ashutosh,

Hi Andi,

> [...]
>
> > -static struct kobj_type kobj_gt_type = {
> > -   .release = kobj_gt_release,
> > +static struct kobj_type kobj_gtn_type = {
>
> what does it mean GTN? Or is it GTn? Please use just GT, gtn is
> confusing.
>
> Same for all the rest of the gtn's you have used below.

I didn't like gtn either. But a sysfs_gt kobject is already part of 'struct
drm_i915_private' so I thought I'll put sysfs_gtn (for gt/gtN) in 'struct
intel_gt'. Otherwise browsing the code etc. gets confusing.

So that was the reason, but I think I'll change the name to 'kobj_gt' (from
the current 'sysfs_gtn') in the next rev. That seems better. Thoughts?

Will respond to your other comments after posting the next rev patches (now
need some rework because Jani doesn't want a dependence between gt and
display code in pcode functions).

Thanks.
--
Ashutosh