On 4/19/2023 4:12 AM, Manasi Navare wrote:
Hi Ville and Ankit,

I actually do not think this is a problem with the DSC logic, but it
is a problem with the intel_dp_link_compute_config() where we should
do something if max_bpp is 0 instead of just returning a -EINVAL
directly.
My question here:
- In case of PCON, yuv format, is it a valid case to have max bpp set to 0?
- This is where I am seeing it as set to 0
- If it isnt then the problem is probably where it computes max bpp
for hdmi case for yuv format

I got your point. if limits.max_bpp is set to 0 (as given by intel_dp_max_bpp)

and we cannot discard it as mentioned by Ville, then even with DSC we cant do anything.

In such a case perhaps it makes sense to check if limit.max_bpp is 0 and return -EINVAL from intel_dp_compute_link_config.

Regards,

Ankit

Manasi

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 7:54 AM Ville Syrjälä