On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 04:53:07PM +0300, Imre Deak wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 04:29:04PM +0300, Imre Deak wrote:
> > Stable team, please backport the following upstream commit to 6.8:
> >
> > commit 7a51a2aa2384 ("drm/i915/dp: Fix DSC state HW readout for SST
> > connectors")
>
> Just noticed that the above commit is not yet upstream, still only
> queued in drm-intel-next. I presumed patches will be cherry-picked from
> drm-intel-next to drm-intel-fixes based on the Fixes: tag, so I only
> pushed the above patch to drm-intel-next; maybe the cherry picking
> doesn't (always) happen automatically.

This patch was cherry-picked this week and sent with the drm-intel-fixes
pull request targeting v6.9-rc3

Since it has the proper 'Fixes:' tag, it will likely get propagated to
the stable branches 'automagically' in some near future.

Later if it doesn't, then we can send the backported patch to the
stable mailing list for inclusion.