On 07/23/2014 03:34 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 02:23:53PM +0100, Tvrtko Ursulin wrote:
I think it would be good to add some more tests to cover the tracking
"handover" between the interval tree and linear list to ensure invalidation
still works correctly in non-trivial cases. Code looks correct in that
respect but just in case. It is not a top priority so not sure when I'll
find time to actually do it.

We don't yet have some tests with overlapping allocations? I think at
least some basic smoke test should be there ...

We do have basic overlapping tests. I was talking about adding some more to exercise specific kernel paths which this patch adds. It switches between using a linear list and an interval tree to track ranges so just to make sure state remains correct under such transitions.

But you also reminded me now, IGT needs to be told overalap is now allowed...

Tvrtko