I am using Qt for my day job,

Our first difficulty with Qt is the release cycle that is really long and
the difficulty to test the futur versions.
As we often need the latest features or bug fixes, waiting 3-4 month isn't
possible, and some times we just implement our self features or use
workaround for bugs.
Alpha and Beta versions aren't accessible on the Qt maintenance tool that
we use, and compiling Qt from the source is to much work for every
platforms we use,...

We'll certainly don't use an Alpha or Beta version of Qt for production,
but it is interesting to be able to report bug on upcoming version as soon
as possible (especially for new features as Qt3D,...).

A great Thanks for all developers of Qt 😉

2016-09-18 0:48 GMT+02:00 Artem Sidyakin <artem.sidya...@qt.io>:

> > From what I see, IPTV industry is massively switching away from Qt
> because LGPL3 is incompatible with clients’ requirements
>
> I’m just from IBC (http://www.ibc.org) and I didn’t see much “switching
> away from Qt” there. What I saw was switching from LGPL v2.1 to commercial
> license.
>
> ---
> Artem Sidyakin
>
> > On 17 сент. 2016 г., at 22:59, Konstantin Tokarev <annu...@yandex.ru>
> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > 17.09.2016, 23:21, "Sérgio Martins" <iamser...@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It's not unusual for us developers and contributors to lose
> >> perspective of what's important.
> >> After many years spent on very particular implementation details, it
> >> becomes difficult to see outside of the box.
> >>
> >> And because we already know the good aspects I'm asking only about the
> bad.
> >> No need to discuss or reach an agreement, just go ahead and enumerate
> >> what you don't like.
> >>
> >> Personally, I don't know (too much time inside the box), but after
> >> googling these came up frequently:
> >>
> >> - C++ is difficult, Qt lacks quality bindings for mainstream languages
> >> - moc (on build systems that don't automate this step)
> >> - FUD around licensing
> >
> > FUD you say? From what I see, IPTV industry is massively switching away
> from Qt because LGPL3 is incompatible with clients' requirements.
> >
> >>
> >> Please state your top ones, even if it was already stated by someone
> >> else, so we have an idea about which ones matter more.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Sérgio Martins
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Interest mailing list
> >> Interest@qt-project.org
> >> http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Konstantin
> > _______________________________________________
> > Interest mailing list
> > Interest@qt-project.org
> > http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest
>
> _______________________________________________
> Interest mailing list
> Interest@qt-project.org
> http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest
>



-- 
Xavier
_______________________________________________
Interest mailing list
Interest@qt-project.org
http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest

Reply via email to