Am Fri, 27 Mar 2020 16:45:55 +0100
schrieb Jean-Michaël Celerier <jeanmichael.celer...@gmail.com>:

> > Answer to this is: No, it is not allowed to mix commercial "Licensed
> Software" and the open-source versions provided by The Qt Company in the
> same project.
>
> What about open-source versions provided by another distributor, e.g.
> someone doing apt install qtcreator ?
>
> Also how is that compatible with this part of the Qt Creator license  ?
> https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/LICENSE.GPL3-EXCEPT#n493

afaiu,
this is the license for the "source code" of qtcreator, isn't it?
this has nothing to do with using qtcreator in it's binary released version.
if you want to use qtcreator code itself, you're bound to this license.
but if you just use qtcreator, just use it. its free.

you can use qtcreator to develop whatever you want.
if it happen to be a qt app, it has nothing to do with the license of the used
qt library,
nor has it anything to do with licenses of other libraries you use.

qtcreator is just a tool you use.
you're free to use executables build from free open source software whereever
you want.

--
/*
 *printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: Thanks, I feel much better now!\n", dev->name);