Folks,

I am pleased to announce that we have another beta-test release of InterMapper
incorporates the suggestions, feedback and bug fixes from the Pioneer, Alpha
and early Beta testers. The two big features of this release are:

* InterMapper Reports: create reports from the data in InterMapper Database
* InterMapper Layer 2 View: find out what's attached to the switch ports on the
net

Please download and test the new features as well as your normal interactions
with InterMapper so we can squash any bugs that you find!

You can send feedback/bug reports/suggestions directly to the product manager,
Gurdev Sethi (gurdev.se...@dartware.com), or to supp...@dartware.com.

Thank you for your continued support in making InterMapper better.

Rich Brown                    richard.e.br...@dartware.com
Dartware, LLC                 http://www.intermapper.com
66-7 Benning Street           Telephone: 603-643-9600
West Lebanon, NH 03784-3407   Fax: 603-643-2289

Download:
  http://www.intermapper.com/download-intermapper?release=beta

What's New?
  http://www.intermapper.com/whatsnew54 (also see the list below)

Release Notes:
  http://www.intermapper.com/intermapper-beta-release-notes

User Guide:
  http://download.intermapper.com/docs/UserGuide54/

Developer Guide:
  http://download.intermapper.com/docs/DevGuide54/

Please note: THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE!  We recommend that you do not install this
InterMapper 5.4 beta release on your primary InterMapper server; install it on
a secondary machine and work with a copy of your InterMapper Settings folder.
We have provided a test serial number on the download page that you can use for
an entirely separate installation.

MAJOR FEATURES:

* InterMapper Reports: InterMapper now includes InterMapper Reports for
creating reports from the data in InterMapper Database. With it, you can
generate quick reports directly from InterMapper devices or use the web-based
report generator, create and save report views, generate links suitable for
sending reports to others, and print reports to printers.

* InterMapper Layer 2 View:  InterMapper now harvests information from
SNMP-enabled switches to determine how devices are connected to those switch
ports.Click the Layer 2 View button (the sextant) in the Device List window to
display the switch ports, the attached devices, their NIC manufacturer and
VLANs. In addition, InterMapper can use this information to arrange the
connections to switch ports if configured in the Map Settings.

MINOR FEATURES:

* HTTP Follow Probe: This probe extends the standard HTTP probe to follow a
limited number of page redirects to the same HTTP server.

* Import/Export of Helper Apps: You can now import and export Helper App
configurations in the InterMapper GUI or InterMapper RemoteAccess from the File
menu or from the Helper Apps "Customize" screen.

* Drag Between Maps: You can now drag items from one map's list view to another
map's list view or icon view.

* More icons available for use in maps: We have added a large number of icons
in several categories to the built-in icons.

* New look to InterMapper RemoteAccess Map List, Helper Apps windows:  The Map
List and Helper Apps windows now include buttons at the bottom to add, remove,
get info, and perform other operations. In addition, you can optionally display
device count columns to the Map List window by clicking on the right arrow next
to the column headings of the Map List window.

* Upgrade check and installer improvements: The Mac and Windows installers now
check that your maintenance contract is in force before allowing an upgrade to
InterMapper 5.4. In addition, InterMapper itself does not convert map files to
the newer format if the maintenance contract has expired.

* Downgrade protection: InterMapper moves previous version's maps in a separate
folder for easier migration.

* More logs available in Bug Reporter: The Bug Reporter allows you to attach
log files for InterMapper Switches, InterMapper Reports, InterMapper Database,
and InterMapper Authentication Server along with the usual Debug, Event, and
Outages logs when sending in feedback or bug reports.

* Significantly improved shutdown and startup times for large installations.

* Numerous small enhancements and bug fixes: As always, we have made small
enhancements and bug fixes too numerous to list here. Please review the release
notes for the complete list.

KNOWN ISSUES: Please refer to the "What's New" page and the Release Notes for a
complete list and description of the new features and bug fixes.
http://www.intermapper.com/whatsnew54

Please share your candid feedback, we will be doing some fun giveaways as a
small token for all your efforts.

The InterMapper
List archives:
http://www.mail-archive.com/intermapper-talk%40list.dartware.com/