Christian Schneider wrote:

Andrey Hristov wrote:

Look like I am an weirdo :) with an web farm of servers which log
every NOTICE that appear. And even I think it was possible to catch
a fatal error that happens in a required file with the way the
error handler works now.

And what exactly keeps you from setting error_reporting to E_ALL?

nothing :)

Because your logging would still work. (Or do you have it to E_ALL already like I suspect, in which case nothing would change?)

it is E_ALL

In case someone now cries "but then I need to change php.ini" I'd say you have to change php.ini for PHP5 anyway.

no php.ini, error_reporting(E_ALL) in the app config file

Come on guys, there's no better time to fix the behaviour than now.

+1 :)

- Chris

Andrey