At 07:20 PM 12/18/2003 +0100, Christian Schneider wrote:
Derick Rethans wrote:
It won't bork all scripts with a custom errorhandler if their default
action is to ignore core and other errors but only handle the ones they
should handle. I do agree that it should be mentioned in the changes
file though.

On the other hand you have to be very careful (another way of saying 'avoid') using custom error_handlers anyway because

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=25547

will break your application. Still there in PHP 5.0.0b3RC1

Yeah this is a known bug and will have to be fixed in RC1. It's not a showstopper for B3.
In any case, I do think that the custom error handler being called for any error is bogus. Why should E_STRICT or E_NOTICES be sent to the handler if they are off?
Anyway, I'm holding off with Beta 3 until we fix the --install-pear-packages problem. I'd call that a showstopper because it's something pretty basic.
Has anyone managed to create a reproducing script or backtrace?

Andi