On Mar 25, 2004, at 9:29 AM, Andi Gutmans wrote:

OK Guys. It's decision time. I suggested to move to studlyCaps and keep consistency with the new PHP 5 changes.
If we go with this, I think we should make these changes ASAP and try and aim for RC2 within two weeks.
Now I understand it's kind of hard to force extension authors to change their own code but as I said in the past it's important to show some responsibility and follow the CODING_STANDARDS even if books/articles and stuff have been published with the old information (it's only function name changes).
Marcus has already stepped up and showed his willingness to make many of the needed changes.

I didn't author any of the affected code, but I'm happy to help affect this change.

George