On Mar 26, 2004, at 9:16 AM, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

I should also mention that majority, if not all of the users whom I spoke to
at the Montreal conference seem to prefer to have PHP stick to a single
naming convention that they are familiar with rather then use 2 distinct
naming conventions. They were even able to raise some valid points we had not
previously considered. For example it appears that it is quite common for
people to use studlyCaps syntax to naming their own functions/methods, which
allows them to easily distinguish between native PHP functions & methods and
the ones they wrote themselves.

The StudlyCaps standard only applies inside OO code, so I see this as much less of an issue (certainly no worries of conflicts).

In case it's not obvious, I'm +1 for StudlyCaps.

George