On 2021-06-22 12:15, Dan Ackroyd wrote:
Dan Ackroyd wrote:
If people aren't going to make using a non-literal where a literal is
expected, be an error, the only alternative I can see is logging it.
Please correct me if you think people should be doing something other
than those two things.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'd imagine people use custom error handlers
which report errors (warnings, notices) to ticket system or email or
some other convenient place, so they don't need to read through logs.

It should be well known that unexpected things happen in production.
You can already have e.g. undefined variables or bad array offsets
in a non-tested code path. Non-literal string is just one more
kind of bug, it can be reported just like all the rest.

--
Lauri Kenttä