Den man. 19. jul. 2021 kl. 13.14 skrev Lynn <kja...@gmail.com>:
> Currently there are people with voting permissions that do vote, yet do not
> interact with RFCs or the mailing list. Regardless of the reasons one may
> have for wanting to vote, the requirements given should be applied equally if
> this is the argument.

If this is a problem, then why has the voting RFC not been amended to
require such commentary? That seems like a productive first step in
solving the issue instead of complaining about it not happening
automatically

> Yes, and I love it when I see new users interact with the mailing list, even
> when in the end the questions or arguments changed nothing to the RFC. It
> shows that people are probably invested. How do you measure investment behind
> the scenes though? How often has someone decided to not post anything on the
> mailing list because after testing a bunch of changes proposed, it worked and
> required no comment?

How can I take that into consideration if no one lets me know about
that? This argument sounds more to me like an illusion, I cannot read
minds nor am I into experimentation on the matter, I cannot consider
what I do not know (similarly to the problem you pointed out above).

> Would every user that one day would want to have voting rights post a "yes I
> agree" message in every thread in order to show they contribute in
> discussions?

That is not what I was implying and I am certain you know that. I
specifically mean the discussions, not the voting itself. Taking
Tobias here as an example, why is there no feedback from him on the
RFCs like[1][2][3] (which was recent as in 8.1, this is just a list
from a quick glance which may or not be accurate), they seem to me
like an good way he could have given feedback based on the work he put
forward that he had been involved with.

Why is it that political power should just be given without actually
taking part of the project and problems here at the PHP project? To me
that comes off as laziness. "I just want to vote, but take no
responsibility of maintaining the PHP project"

[1] https://wiki.php.net/rfc/curl_user_agent
[2] https://wiki.php.net/rfc/fsync_function
[3] https://wiki.php.net/rfc/fibers

--