On 25/04/2022 12:51, Christoph M. Becker wrote:
Please put your name forward here if you wish to be considered a
candidate.  An initial TODO page has been added to the wiki and contains
provisional dates for GA and pre-releases[2].

I could potentially be interested in helping out with this, but I do have a question about it, mainly, why hasn't most of this been automated at this point?

I was reading through the release process notes and am not seeing any obvious blocks on most of it that could not be accomplished via a suitable CI/CD pipeline.

Is it just a matter of someone having time available to do it?

The one thing which does make me ponder is would we need to assign a GPG key to the build process?

I'd be happy to give some of my time later this year to further investigate this.