From: Christoph M. Becker <cmbecke...@gmx.de>
Sent: Monday, 25 April 2022, 12:52
To: PHP internals <internals@lists.php.net>
Subject: [PHP-DEV] PHP 8.2 Release Manager Selection

Hi all,

with the first alpha of PHP 8.2 due in 6 weeks (unless we are going to
change our usual schedule), I think it's time to start the process of
finding and electing release managers for the next minor release of PHP.

We are looking for two souls to take on this role.  Whomsoever is
elected will be guided and helped by the current, as well as previous
RMs and the excellent documentation in release-process.md[1].

Candidates should have a reasonable knowledge of internals (without
necessarily being a C guru), be confident about merging pull requests
without breaking backward compatibility, doing triage for bugs,
liaising with previous release managers, and generally getting the
branch in good shape, as these are among the activities you will be
undertaking as release manager.

Notably, at least one of the volunteers must be a "veteran" release
manager meaning they have participated in at least one release of PHP in
the past.  The other may be an additional veteran, or more ideally,
someone new to the RM role (in order to increase our supply of veteran RMs).

Please put your name forward here if you wish to be considered a
candidate.  An initial TODO page has been added to the wiki and contains
provisional dates for GA and pre-releases[2].

[1] <https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/docs/release-process.md>
[2] <https://wiki.php.net/todo/php82>

--
Christoph M. Becker