On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 8:38 AM Timon de Groot <tdegroo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi internals,
>
> If the rest also thinks the RFC is good to go, I suggest we start a vote
> coming week.
> As this is my first RFC, I'm not so sure how this typically gets kicked
> off, so I'd like to know what I need to do!

You just need to change status in RFC to Voting and in voting section set
the date range and add doodle poll - you can basically copy it from one of
the open RFC's (see for example code in
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/fetch_property_in_const_expressions ). Then you
just need to send email to internals with subject prefixed with [RFC][VOTE]
or similar. As noted you need to do it today or latest tomorrow. Feel free
to let me know if you are too busy or something is not clear.

I would recommend not to do any last time changes as in such case you
should probably give an extra time for dicusion which means it won't make
the feature freeze and will have to wait for another year. In my opinion it
is good as it is. The tabs can be later added as an extra flag. If the flag
is set, we could just change default value for indent to 1 and use tabs but
it would be still possible for users to set indent size if they wish. I
think that's something that makes most sense to me and doesn't impact the
current RFC in any way.

Regards

Jakub