Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

 At last weekend's EuroFoo [1] I attended Marc-Andre Lemburg's talk [2]
 on the Python development process.

 I really wish we had a process similar to Python's PEPs [3] [4] for PHP.

Having guidelines for issues like adding a new module [5] or deprecating
a module [6] not only makes the development consistent but also
transparent to our users.

It smells a little too processy to me, but I wouldn't mind a system that
borrowed some of the ideas. Like a single collection point for feature
proposals and a common format for them. We could simply steal PEAR's PEPR
infrastructure for this (http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-overview.php).

It smells a bit too processy anyway you swing it, and maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any need: I'd like to see a problem before we attempt to fix it.

-Sterling