On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 7:31 PM Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If learning a couple of very simple rules is too much for you, maybe you
> are too busy to take on yourself another responsibility such as
> participating in PHP development. Encouraging drive-by commentary is not
> something that is a goal here.

 I'm not sure why it's assumed that participating in discussions is the
same as actually developing PHP. I'm sure there are plenty of folks
subscribed to this list who have zero knowledge of C to actually help with
PHP development. However, that doesn't mean that their opinion, concerns or
proposals on some topics is invalid, invaluable or unneeded; at least, I
hope it isn't. Those are people who use PHP daily so it's fair to state
that they're inevitably a part of PHP, even though they might not be
directly helping with the source code. Is this the reason why internals
mails list is open to the public? So they the public can actually
collaborate on the open source product they're using?

> It's not Instagram. Collecting likes is not the goal. If the vote needs
> to be held, we have the RFC process.

"Likes" wasn't my intention. There's no point in wasting countless hours on
an RFC if it's clear ahead of time that it's not going to pass; and right
now, even within this thread, it's hard to predict that. And, voting aside,
there's no metric PHP can use to measure how relevant something is to PHP
as a project, regardless of the voting group's choice. While not perfect in
any sense, reactions provide a meaningful simple way of communicating this
relevance with a simple thumbs up/down.