On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 12:54 AM Máté Kocsis <kocsismat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> * In order to finally achieve the strategic goal, we deprecate the old
> function along with session_set_handler_callbacks()
> as soon as the right time comes. That may be PHP 9.x or 10.y or 11.z,
> whatever.

For those who use callbacks now, how is this in any way better? They will
eventually end up using an OOP approach anyway (as that's the strategic goal).
Migrating from `session_set_handler_callbacks()` would still be (potentially)
non-trivial. And what's the point migrating *to*
`session_set_handler_callbacks()`
if we already know it will be deprecated and removed soon enough?

--
  Best regards,
      Bruce Weirdan                                     mailto:weir...@gmail.com