On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> I didn't quite understand. Users would be able to handle E_FATAL errors? How
> would exceptions from those user handlers propagate the C extensions?

No, they would only be able to catch E_ERROR, E_FATAL is the current
"E_ERROR" and can NOT be caught by the user defined error handler.

New status (or atleast, IMO):
E_NOTICE:  Just for little notices to inform the user that something
           might have gone wrong.
E_WARNING: Something went wrong, probably resulting in unwanted
           behavior.
E_ERROR:   An error situation occurred, which is probably dangerous for
           a script to continue, but does not leave the Engine itself in
           an unstable state. If this one is not caught in a user
           defined error handler, the application aborts.
E_FATAL:   The engine is in an unstable state, we have to abort. Not
           catchable by a user defined error handler.

regards,
Derick

--
Derick Rethans