On 02/15/2007 07:42 PM, Steph Fox wrote:
On 02/15/2007 07:22 PM, Steph Fox wrote:
Hi Tony,

We've been here before. Last time it got taken off again because it led to user confusion. People didn't seem to know the difference between a release candidate and a full release; "It was official, it was on php.net."

.. it was explained that it's not a release, but a release candidate.
?

I know that, you know that, but thousands don't know what a release candidate even is :)

Then we should describe the difference as clear as we can.

Please can it be made VERY clear, both in the announcements and on the download page (qa.php.net?) that RC's are for test purposes only?

That depends on the wording and I hope you'll help us to find the best one, as a native speaker =)

Thanks in advance =)

--
Wbr, Antony Dovgal