> On 03.08.2007 10:32, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> > Configuring on Solaris (2.10) no longer works, ist the old problem with
> > "test" that is more strict on solaris:

> > checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.10 ld.so
> > checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
> > checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
> >
> > Generating files
> > ./configure: test: argument expected
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/install/php-5.2.4RC1$
>
> Cannot reproduce this, configure went just fine on Solaris.
> Can you please see on which line in configure script it complains?

How can I find that out? Is there a debug parameter? Config.log does not
show anything.

Could it be that on your solaris system the default shell in /bin/sh is
"bash"?

> > The following two things are problematic:
> >
> > 1) @-operator before function names does not suppress warning messages
> > anymore? Whats wrong?
> > I got for example messages like "cannot open file..." even when it was
> > opened with @fopen(...).
>
> Not reproducible either.
> ./sapi/cli/php -r 'fopen("aaaaa", "r");'
>
> Warning: fopen(aaaaa): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> Command line code on line 1
> ./sapi/cli/php -r '@fopen("aaaaa", "r");'
> <silence>

You are right with CLI it works. But there seems to be a problem with INI
parsing. The web application that produced this error was started with an
overwritten "error_reporting" value running in Sun Java System Webserver
which worked correctly with 5.2.3:

Service fn="php5_execute" type="magnus-internal/x-httpd-php"
error_reporting="2039" allow_url_include="1"

Removing the error_reporting fixed the problem. Was there a change somewhere
that error_reporting with 2039 set by...

if (zend_alter_ini_entry(entry->param->name, strlen(entry->param->name)+1,
                entry->param->value, strlen(entry->param->value),
                PHP_INI_SYSTEM, PHP_INI_STAGE_ACTIVATE)==FAILURE) {
        log_error(LOG_WARN, pblock_findval("fn", NSG(pb)), NSG(sn), NSG(rq),
"Cannot change php.ini key \"%s\" to \"%s\"", entry->param->name,
entry->param->value);
}

...may not work? Just for interest, I am sure that this NSAPI option was not
correct because it was a relict from former days.
I removed the wrong error reporting now, but it is interesting that the same
value worked before.

Uwe