On 15.10.2007 22:05, Bill Moran wrote:
> http://www.potentialtech.com/cms/node/48
>
> Hope that article doesn't come across as too harsh, but I really feel
> like it needed to be said.

I don't know about Dmitry, but I can explain why I stopped looking through the
bug reports lately.

So here is my reasoning: I can spend several hours a day fixing bugs and
helping other
people to fix their problems, explaining their mistakes, and what do I get for
that?
"Thank you"? I can't recall when I heard it last time.
The only thing I get is personal insults for closing someone's report as bogus.
And I
also have to prove that it is bogus and close it several times explaining why
it is so
and why I'm not an asshole.

Also some people tend to think that their bug reports have to be reviewed now
(I mean NOW!!!),
as they probably do not realize that developers may have vacation, they can be
busy with their
real job, there might be other bugs with much higher priority, or (god forbid!)
they can be speaking
on some conference.

These people also do not realize that most of the extensions are maintained by
certain people and
other developers are either not interested in fixing them, or are not familiar
with the code,
or just do now want to touch other people's code without discussing this change
with the author
(which is another unwritten rule, btw).

After all, this kind of job became too frustrating to me and I've decided to
take a rest (at least for a while).
Thank you for confirming that my decision was right.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal