Daniel Brown wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 3:26 PM, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2008 3:23 PM, Pierre Joye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems that there is voices in favor of keeping the GPC related
>>> functions in HEAD/php6 but returning always FALSE.
>>     Personally....
>>
>>     XX
>
>     VOTE CHANGED
>
>     -1
>
>     After a quick off-list discussion with Hannes (gotta' love Gmail
> chat), I realized that I forgot to consider backwards-compatibility.

I think a lot of people miss the point of these particular functions.
This isn't about whether to keep magic quotes or not, it is whether to
keep the function that tells you whether magic quote mangling is
enabled.  There is a lot of code out there that checks to see if this
feature is on, and deals with that case.  Having this function that
simply tells the code to take the other path will allow it to work.
This is not about restoring the magic quotes feature at all.

-Rasmus