Hi,

After having seen some complaints about ticks being deprecated I'm
wondering if they could be un-deprecated for now.

Ticks are used by the pcntl extension to call signal handlers when
signals are triggered. I added some functions as an alternative, but
this does not covers all use cases (and forces a code change).

When searching bug reports about ticks, one can feel the ticks to be
broken (and this is why they have been deprecated). However, looking in
depth at these bugs and viewing what caused them and how they have been
fixed does not show really bad things about ticks.

Actually one thing is broken (and is marked as such in the
documentation), tick functions do not work in ZTS, this looks fixable.

Any thoughts on removing the deprecation warning for now ? (at least
until a replacement is found).

Sorry for posting this so close to the freeze.

Regards,

Arnaud