Christian Schneider a écrit :
Mark Krenz wrote:
  But I'm willing to bet that the majority of people are using ereg, not
PCRE.  I've known about PCRE in PHP for a while now, but I continue to
use ereg because I thought it had better support in PHP and that it was
the more "official" function. Guess I was wrong.  I'm sure I'm not the

I guess that's exactly the reason why it is deprecated now: To indicate
that preg_* are the way to go.
And as far as I know, using ereg_* function is discouraged in the documentation since PHP 4, 10 years ago, no ?