On 03/11/2010 11:41 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:
Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
 > +1. I think we need we need to make "HEAD" a common use branch where
 > most of the developers trees are at and current HEAD iteration is just
 > not it.

I'm +1. Jani's recent 5.3 changes should be reverted, PHP_5_4
rebranched again, and then the fixes/features merged to the new
branch.

I have reverted the PHP_5_3 changes. Now only thing left is renaming (moving) trunk to some branch and renaming (moving) PHP_5_4 to trunk?
Or are we still at the committee state? :D

As to what to do with PHP_5_2 or PHP_5_3, that should be the concern of their RMs. IMO, 5.2 is in bugfix mode, so only bugfixes go there anyway. As to 5.3, that should get into bugfix mode only as well, and all development and such concentrated in trunk.

--Jani