On 14.03.2010, at 20:42, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

> (g)it would be better for cherrypicking and handling multiple
> development branches, but it the developers cant use it propery, the
> its PITA.
>
> Tyrael
>
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Gwynne Raskind <gwy...@darkrainfall.org>
> wrote:
>>> Yes experimental branching shouldn't be a problem. I persoanlly would
>>> prefer if we just create php-src/experimental/ or
>>> php-src/developer/<name>/<branch> for this purpuse to not clutter branches/
>>> with a million names.
>>

>> I'd actually like to bring up the question of going to DVCS for PHP. I know
>> I was a vocal advocate against it before, but I've learned a bit since then.
>> Anyone care to discuss?

Oh no .. another dangerous topic. Again we have been there even before the
switch. The idea is to keep the centralized repo on svn, because the masses
know how it works, the tools are widely available and we have plenty of
experience among us in how to keep svn running. I see little incentive to move
the _central_ repo to a DVCS. Are the bridges to git, mercurial, bzaar etc
really so bad that this topic is worth discussing (no sarcasm, honest
question)?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org