> Oh no .. another dangerous topic. Again we have been there even before the
> switch. The idea is to keep the centralized repo on svn, because the masses
> know how it works, the tools are widely available and we have plenty of
> experience among us in how to keep svn running. I see little incentive to
> move the _central_ repo to a DVCS. Are the bridges to git, mercurial, bzaar
> etc really so bad that this topic is worth discussing (no sarcasm, honest
> question)?

I only have experience with git.  The problem with something like
git-svn is that your git branch becomes an island.  I can't share that
branch with anyone else.  So all I really get is git syntax within an
svn environment.

I have no problem working with svn and actually prefer it for projects
that use a compiler.  For PHP apps, git is great because nothing has
to be built.  Bouncing between git branches means I have to recompile
PHP every time (or set up some system of symlinks).

--
Herman Radtke
hermanrad...@gmail.com | http://hermanradtke.com