On Sun Jan 2 07:16 AM, Ben Schmidt wrote:
> I would also like to propose some extensions to the functionality as
> currently described, which I think could potentially add tremendous
> power to the mechanism, with relatively little additional conceptual
> complexity and implementation effort. I've written it up as a bit of a
> proposal below.
>
> I'd love to hear what you think.

- New ideas are always welcome
- Don't write long e-mails to a mailing list, write an RFC
http://wiki.php.net/rfc?do=register

- Don't overuse the word 'simple'

IMHO, if something is simple it should take 1-2 days to create a patch. That
doesn't seem to be the case with what you're proposing.
But feel free to prove me wrong :)

Creating a patch will help getting feedback about what you're proposing
http://ca3.php.net/reST/php-src/README.MAILINGLIST_RULES