On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Ben Schmidt
<mail_ben_schm...@yahoo.com.au>wrote:

> On 11/02/11 3:37 AM, Philip Olson wrote:
>
>> You now have rights to the wiki rfc namespace.
>>

> Thanks a lot, Philip.
>
> I have now made an RFC based on the most recent discussions:
>
> http://wiki.php.net/rfc/traitsmodifications
>
> I think this is a more solid proposal than my original one, and I hope
> we can continue to discuss it and agree to the extent that it's worth
> starting an implementation.
>
> Please read it and comment whenever you can find some time, guys!

As for your first example:

trait T {
   public function foo() {
      echo <http://www.php.net/echo> "T";
   }}class C {
   use T;
   public function foo() {
      echo <http://www.php.net/echo> "C";
   }}

I think it would sometimes be desirable to allow this, for instance when a
trait has been updated in a framework to adapt to what has become common
practice in classes that uses it in the wild.
( I assume you already get error if function signature is different like in
inheritance? )

So to allow both cases, what about letting people use the final keyword on
functions to signal functions that can not be re declared without alias. Or
better, add a new keyword since final should mean final.

My 2 Euro cents,

André