On Sat Jan 8 06:33 AM, Ben Schmidt wrote:

> > Creating a patch will help getting feedback about what you're
> > proposing http://ca3.php.net/reST/php-src/README.MAILINGLIST_RULES
>
> I hope I haven't broken any of the mailing list rules, but my
> apologies if I have, and please point out specifically where I've gone
> wrong.

No rules broken in my opinion but in general consider:
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
Over 100 lines is considered "long"

The proposal (473 lines of plain text) would be easier to read on the web with
some markup.

> As far as a patch goes, I don't think that is appropriate at this
> stage.
> I don't want to spend a lot of time creating a patch only to have it
> rejected if this could be avoided by a little discussion. My time is
> too valuable to me to waste like that, and with something as
> controversial as this, there's a real danger of that happening.

Np, since you mentioned hacking the source I thought you had done some
tinkering.