On 2011-03-08, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <i...@tyrael.hu> wrote:
>
> > From the sideline:
> > it's hard to belive that there are no one else with opinion on this matter.
> > I don't want to take sides because I don't have the necessary knowledge
> > about the matter, but maybe it would be a good idea to write an RFC, and and
> > maybe a POC, so we can see how intrusive would be the implementation.
> > and if there are more bystanders, then please make your voice heard.
> > Tyrael
>
> It is very easy to implement what Stas is asking. But that's not the
> question. The question is should we do it? And my point is that we
> should not do it like that, bad design, incomplete and limited
> support.

As a developer, in many cases I'd prefer something incomplete and limited in
support to nothing at all. I've been bitten by the same issue Stas describes,
and having a way to tie into touch and chmod in my stream wrappers would be
incredibly useful -- even if it won't work with _every_ stream.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com