I think more important than the patch is the actual functionality. Patch can
always be fixed.

I assume the latest RFC is https://wiki.php.net/rfc/annotations?

I will take a bit of a longer look at it in the coming days but from looking at
it quickly I can see why some people may not be very excited about it. I
personally have never been a huge fan of meta-data whether in the code or
outside the code. The biggest scars I carry are from J2EE. I feel annotations
are sometimes just a nicer way of creating similar problems (hard to understand
flow, hard to debug, etc…). I do realize there are also some benefits but as
Matthew pointed out the question is are those benefits enough to warrant a
whole new grammar in the language or do we keep it lighter weight and let
people build on that (which with the right caching should not be too hard).

Anyway, I will take a longer look.

Andi (hoping I don’t get extra newlines this time around. My apologies but for
some reason my mail client doesn’t like internals@ in the past two weeks).