On May 11, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 18:03 +0000, Andi Gutmans wrote:
>> Stas, in the past we had alphas. Is there any reason why we wouldn't
>> roll one out asap? (revert the typehints stuff and go).
>
> +1

Waiting a month or two longer is worth it, especially considering the 5.4
momentum feels real this time around. We're creating a real TODO, and have a
real tentative timeline, so forcing a premature alpha at this point (thus
closing off feature/api discussion) is a bad idea. A big -1 here. I mean, we
may as well get it right since we've waited so long already.

Regards,
Philip