Hi!

Waiting a month or two longer is worth it, especially considering the
5.4 momentum feels real this time around. We're creating a real TODO,
and have a real tentative timeline, so forcing a premature alpha at
this point (thus closing off feature/api discussion) is a bad idea. A
big -1 here. I mean, we may as well get it right since we've waited
so long already.

I don't think it's closing feature discussion. We can have another alpha after the discussion, or more than one. I can see the value of having _something_ right now to signify we mean it this time, but that something would definitely not be anything near final and we can take features in after the discussion is done.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/