On 2011-06-06, Chad Fulton <chadful...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I would advocate a "white list" of core devs for formal voting (of
> which, for example, I would not be a member). I think this mailing
> list has grown sufficiently that "public opinion" can be gauged from
> here: everyone can write their opinion without giving them voting
> privileges.
>
> If you haven't already, I recommend you read the (incredibly long)
> discussions from last summer on type-hinting. They convinced me that
> sometimes a feature that sounds good is simply not a good fit for PHP
> for reasons which many did not (still do not?) understand.

I think your analysis is great. That said, I think if this is the route
ultimately taken, any time an RFC is voted out, a summary of the
_technical_ reasons for denying it should be provided. Usually there are
very good ones -- but this information can be invaluable to anybody who
may want to ressurect the RFC in the future to ensure they don't hit the
same pitfalls.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com