On 04/09/12 21:45, Sean Coates wrote:
Pardon my obviously amateur question, but would you build an AST-based
compiler/parser to generate the same (minus the ones you intend to eliminate)
opcodes to run on the VM in the same way as the current compiler does?
Sure. We're changing the route we go down to produce those opcodes, but not the opcodes themselves.
Would tools like XDebug, APC, Zend PHP encoder (or whatever that's called this
week), etc. be compatible out of the box, or would changes need to be made to
them?
Compatible, I think. Although I don't know if in the process some might be changed, but I would expect no big changes.

--
Andrew Faulds
http://ajf.me/