On Sep 17, 2012, at 8:30 AM, jpauli wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> AFAIR no :) We have a --disable-all , but no --enable-all.
>>>
>>> I'm +1 to add such an option if possible :)
>>

>> Can you please explain to me how it is not working?
>>
>> ~/Sources/php/php-5.3 (PHP-5.3) $ ./configure --enable-all
>> configure: error: Cannot find enchant
>>
>> And no, ext/enchant is not enabled by default.
>
> So the answer is : there is --enable-all switch , but it's not listed
> in the --help output

Hello all,

Interesting, I didn't think it existed but now realize why. It's not
documented and it's not very useful.

There's an old feature request (I wrote it so am surprised I forgot
this exists) about differentiating between --with and --enable,
along with checking if those are actually available on the system:

  https://bugs.php.net/24337
  https://bugs.php.net/33186

Awhile ago Rasmus mentioned an idea about creating a shell script that'd
check which options do (and do not) pass configure. I'm not sure how to
do that but maybe someone else does. Just imagine being able to enable
all possible extensions available on a system.. great for 'make test' :)

As for the original question, yes you can do that. For example, this
will enable all extensions except for enchant:

  ./configure --enable-all --without-enchant

Much like --disable-all allows enabling specific extensions:

  ./configure --disable-all --with-enchant

Regards,
Philip