On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Something like the attached patch could work, but that means we would
>> have to update all the config.m4s :]
>
> As far as I remember, the enable/disable option default behavior is
> what is used in the --help. So basically we do have --enable-all as

Its not "basically". We *do* have it, it is very explicit in the code.

> the --disable-all being set to false. I would document that as such
> instead of modifying the m4 macros everywhere, much less painful.

That patch introduced --enable-all-available which is completely
different to --enable-all.

--enable-all-available would automatically compile all extensions that
the platform supports (i.e. has the libraries available). For
extensions the platform is missing the library, it would just jump
over it - as aposed to fail and bail out like --enable-all does.

-Hannes