Hi!

> In such a case you do not need any `$e`variable. Netbeans for example
> always highlight's these variables because it is not used anywhere.
> But I think it looks a bit cleaner if the variable could be omitted,
> if it's not needed ;-)

I don't think we need to change the language because Netbeans can't
figure out how catch blocks work. This change doesn't provide any
functionality that wasn't available before it, and does not make the
code clearer - on the contrary, IMO it makes debugging harder and people
reading the code more confused. In PHP, we always valued clarity over
brevity, and I think we should keep it this way.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/