On 16 Jul 2014, at 02:51, Bishop Bettini <bis...@php.net> wrote:

> TL;DR -- I agree with the principal but want implemented as the infix
> operator %% with a test for PHP_INT_MIN %% -1 === false (and a E_WARNING).

The RFC has been updated to v0.2. It now proposes a %% operator for integer
division (with corresponding %%= assignment operator). However, it returns 0
for the PHP_INT_MIN overflow case like %, rather than FALSE and an E_WARNING.

The original intdiv() proposal is kept as a fallback; two votes will be held
simultaneously, one 2/3 vote for the %% operator and a 50%+1 for the intdiv()
function. If the first fails, then if the second did not, the intdiv() function
is implemented instead. This way we’ll still at least have a way to do integer
division in PHP, if not a full operator.

Nikita Popov doesn’t seem to be a fan of the %% syntax, so it may be subject to
change, though I think it’s the best I’ve heard so far. ;)
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/