On 19/01/15 16:45, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>> has already been pointed out that there are a large number of PEAR
>> > libraries which were written with PHP 4 constructors and have never been
>> > updated.
>  So? If that code is still valuable to people they will update it. Or
>  rather would have updated it ages ago. If not, then not.

Well I had to create my own port of PEAR that was e_strict safe, and
this is another example of why the published code has NOT been updated
... because up until now with e_strict switched off ... it worked.

I had supplied patches to update the distributed code, but they were
never accepted ... so I just use them myself.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL