I'll forward this to internals, Chris.

On 28/01/15 18:43, christopher jones wrote:>

> On 1/28/15 9:28 AM, Michael Wallner wrote:

>>> I firmly believe the RFC should capture the info in some form.  And I
>>> would debate "well known".
>>>
>>> I put time & effort into updating the RFC template for a reason!
>>
>> Sure, but I'm actually lost?!
>> What would you like to read in the RFC? What each component does?
>> I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
>>

> Yes.
> And potential porting issues.

You mean between OSes? No issues known. There once was a report about
Solaris, but the affected code has dropped out of the source since.
Every other release Remi catches a tiny gotcha (thanks!).

> And usage numbers

Hard to say. The PECL stats say 50k downloads per month:
http://pecl.php.net/package-stats.php?pid=429&rid=&cid=11

> And code base size (so we know what we're getting into)

Big? >20k LOC

> And a stability estimate (you seem to keep making changes)

Thanks god, else it would be dead. Making no changes to software doesn't
mean it's stable, does it?

> And future plans.

Improving on the 90% test code coverage.
Improving performance and memory usage.
Add or improve missing or roughly implemented features.

> And alternative extensions or workarounds if this isn't added.

Duh, seriously?

--
Regards,
Mike