On 3/2/15 4:01 PM, Pierre Joye wrote:

Sorry, I do not see how a new thread helps. Namespace either. These
will only be duplicated APIs for little to no gain. Existing codes
won't move as they won't be compatible with 5.x.

We should really consider Nikita's experiment instead,as it acutally
brings some big plus. Simple aliases for the sake of having _ in the
names bring nothing but confusion in my humble opinion.

Cheers,

This topic has come up many times, and that is always the answer. We should look at something meaningful (methods on scalars, which eliminates the parameter order issue as well) rather than just duplicate function names.

This is at least the third time we've had this thread and come to that same statement. I agree with it.

So what's the blocker on discussing Nikita's work for core?

--Larry Garfield